Below is an article from The ACAS website, original source found here
During the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, looking after mental and physical health at work has never been more important.
Many of us may feel concerned or anxious, having less control over how we work and live our lives. This is a normal response and there are things you can do to support your own — and other people’s — mental health and wellbeing.
Our resources for employers, line managers and everyone can help support you at work.
Our top tips are:
- communicate clearly and openly
- use and adapt what has worked for you before
- prioritise looking after yourself and your staff
- use support that’s available
Our tips for employers are:
- adapt what has worked before
- help managers support their staff
- listen to and address staff concerns
- encourage people to talk about mental health
- communicate clearly, often and honestly
Our tips for managers are:
- do not make assumptions
- keep in regular contact with your staff
- agree clear expectations and boundaries
- reassure staff that their safety is the priority
- look after yourself and get support if you need to
This is a very strange time for us all and working together to be more empathetic will always be our aim whether that’s our own staff or our clients. We are certainly all in this together!
For more information about what we do, don’t hesitate to contact us today for a FREE no obligation survey and quotation.